Saturday, July 12, 2008

A new goal

I was inspired by reading posts (and challenge participants) over at Unplug Your Kids to spend some time today outside working on a paint-by-number my mom brought home one day (I am definitely NOT a painter).

I decided I want to spend more time outside this summer. My new goal is one hour a day minimum outside. I think this is a good goal since even on days when I'm feeling lazy I can go outside for an hour without pushing it too much. I think if I push myself too much I'll just give out.

I don't watch much TV. In fact, I only watch tv one day a week. This isn't a parental rule or even a self-placed rule. I just don't like TV much and the shows I watch happen to be on the same night.

I do however spend too much time on the computers. I spend most of my time at home at the computer. Sometimes I'll do other things like read or craft projects, but I usually have the computer on for instant messaging while I do that.

It's a nice summer, so I think I can do this. It'll probably help that next week I'm going to Florida too. =P

No comments: