Saturday, February 23, 2008

Karate!

My dad knows a man who used to have a karate studio before he moved up here. Right now he's looking for a studio while he uses the basement of the church his brother-in-law is the pastor of. Today my mom, grandma, and I all took a self-defense class there. I was talking to the sensei afterwards and he suggested I try karate. I've thought about it before and so now I'm signed up for an introductory lesson on Tuesday. I'm pretty excited! The sensei, his, wife and other people from the school I met today were all very nice and helpful.

I'm going to go here. They teach Shuri-Ryu Karate. I really like how they try to make it a family thing. A lot of martial arts studios around here focus mostly on competitions. Here they don't admonish competition, but it's at the bottom of the list of values.

No comments: